Aditya Lakhia is an Indian actor, who is known for playing the role of ‘Kachra’ in the Bollywood movie ‘Lagaan’ in 2001.
Aditya Lakhia was born on Thursday, 21 September 1967 (age 54 years; as of 2021) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He did his schooling at Mayo College, Ajmer and for his graduation, he went to St Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 Inches, Waist: 30 Inches, Biceps: 13 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Aditya`s father`s name is Snehal Lakhia, who is an actor.
His mother`s name is Meera Lakhia, who is a director, and he had one brother named Ashish Lakhia, who was a famous filmmaker. His brother died due to multiple organ failure.
Aditya made his acting debut in 1988 as ‘Om’ in the movie ‘Om Dar-B-Dar.’
He became famous for the role of ‘Kachra’ in the movie ‘Lagaan.’ Later, he became popular for appearing in the movie Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1993), Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost (2003), and Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007).
In 1992, he appeared in the film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar alongside Aamir Khan.
In 2020, he featured in the Gujarati film ‘Khape.’
Aditya appeared as ‘Mansaram’ in the television show ‘Chotti Bahu’ in 2008.
In 2009, he featured as Nanku in the television show Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo.
In 2009, he won the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the show ‘Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo.’
He owns a Pajero car.
- Aditya follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Aditya was interested in acting since he was a child. He always looked forward to entertain people, so, he used to take part in cultural dramas and plays.
- In an interview, Aditya said that while they were shooting for the film ‘Lagaan,’ he had to stay in a hut outside the village to ensure the authentic look of the village in the film.
- In another interview, he said that people call him with the name Kachra while he is on streets. Sometime, he also responds to them.
- In an interview, when he was asked about the rough phase of his life, he said,
It has to be the duration between the year 2013 to 2016, it was during this time when he lost his brother and he had to go to Ahmedabad after this news. During that time his father was also very ill. It was quite a challenging face for the actor. But the actor said difficulties are the part and parcel of life and he had overcome that phase.”
- In one of his interviews, he said that many actors like Naseeruddin Shahhandjob Smita Patil, Ketan Mehta, used to visit his house as his mother0ther was a director.
- In an interview, he talked about his role as ‘Kachra,’ and said,
Though every character was equally brilliant, but my character stood out because of the issue of untouchability, a man with a polio-affected hand. Then I take the hattrick. I also give Aamir the last batting stance in winning. Though I had three major scenes, there were a lot of highs in my character. My batting and bowling stance and my hand position were designed. But the acting bit in my first scene wasn’t. There, I performed. I was so into the character.”
- He is an avid dog lover and often posts photos of them on social media.