Yamini Das was born on Saturday, 8 February 1964 (age 57 years; as of 2021). She is the mother of the famous actor Namit Das. Yamini started her career in her 50s. She is not a trained actor, and she did not go to any school to learn acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 95 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Yamini`s parent’s name is not known.
Her brother`s name is Jaidev and she has three sisters-
- Meenu Kale
Husband & Children
Yamini got married to the singer Chandan Dass on 12 March 1981 and gave birth to Namit Das.
Namit is a famous Bollywood actor.
Yamini made her acting debut as Amma ji with the movie ‘Sui Dhaaga’ in 2018. She then featured in the movies ‘Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi’ and ‘Kadakh’ in 2019.
She also featured in an advertisement for Shadi.com.
In 2019, she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for the movie Sui Dhaaga that was her debut movie.
- Yamini Das is an Indian actress who played the role of Mauji`s mother in the movie ‘Sui Dhaaga’ in 2018.
- She had an interest in acting since childhood but before she could start a career in acting, she used to take care of her family and house.
- In an interview, she revealed that her son Namit had inspired her to become an actor. She gave an audition for the role and her acting skills were liked by the director. She got selected for the role. She shared the screen with her son in the movie ‘Sui Dhaaga.’
- Her son had also stated that his mother was an inspiration for him and the family.
- She has worked with Vikrant Massey in three films. In an interview, she said that Vikrant used to treat her like his own mother.
- Yamini is often seen posting images with her family.